Monday, June 7, 2010

...For The Ride Home: Steve Nash to work for World Cup, Tom Cruise is likable again and Anna Kendrick



Hello, hello. We kick off week 11 with a short ride. Going to spend the majority of the day on the road, so we needed to make sure we were still able to provide you with a proper send off into the rest of the day. Up top, you will see a commercial for MTV's movie awards that were held last night. The beginning of the show had Tom Cruise recreate his impossibly funny character from "Tropic Thunder," as you will see if you follow a link below. And if you don't want to click the link below, you can play the video above and laugh until you puke. In any case, enjoy the following tidbits, and don't forget to check back tomorrow for one of the last signs of summer. Be good, now.

Swimming with sharks saves lives. There is something inherently wrong with that headline. (CNN)

Can't decide on this outfit from Anna Kendrick. Love her times a gabillion, though. Lifetime pass for "Up In The Air." (TMZ)

Hey, this is neat. Steve Nash will work the World Cup for CBS. (Bleacher Report)

Know we are late on this, but it happened Friday night, and it can't be ignored. The greatest basketball coach to ever live, John Wooden, died. Here is Michael Wilbon's take on the Wizard. (Washington Post)

"Tropic Thunder" is the funniest movie of the last three years. Can't say that enough. Tom Cruise brought his brilliantly funny character to last night's movie awards. Why does he have to be so hatable? (Popeater)

How great is this? Kobe doesn't give a "bleep" about where LeBron James ends up. Fabulous. (Fox Sports)

5 comments:

  1. We all knew Tom Cruise had moves...Risky Business anyone? But he stole the show at the movie awards...he definitely just earned more points with me with his performance last night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually want to see Tom Cruise's new movie "Knight and Day" (or something)... and I hate that I feel that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dunno about that one Frank...the only time I liked Tom and Cameron together was in "Vanilla Sky" - but you just let us know if you actually see it!!! HAHA <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, right?! I'm really beating myself up over this. Don't get me wrong, I love some terrible movies, but to stoop to this level of actually wanting to see this movie is a new low for even myself.

    ReplyDelete