Tuesday, July 6, 2010

...For The Ride Home: A vote for Google to begin charging for its use, Alicia Keys falls and LeBron is staying in Cleveland?

I don't know. It was OK. I stall on the notion that this particular movie was just so darn culturally significant. And of all movies, how did this end up being one of the very, very few that won all five important Academy Awards that year? I feel like I'm missing something. Actually, like I'm missing a lot. Everywhere I turn, I read or hear that this is supposed to be one of the greatest movies in the history of movies. I mean, it's good. Sure. I don't think it's great, though. Must be missing something. Help me. Anyways, welcome to the nice round number of 15 and the week that accompanies it. Wow, that was a much needed break from everything computer. Don't really know how much I like being back yet, either. But alas, we push on into the dog days of summer. Is it hot? It seems to be awfully hot anywhere, actually. How was your holiday? Good? That's good. This would be a good time to tease a post for tomorrow now, but I shall leave that up to surprise and (low) expectation. Before we get to tomorrow, though, we must make it through today and to help do that, I offer up the links below to share with you, the fantastically talented reader. Now don't sit in the sun too long. You know how bad sunburns can get.

Well now isn’t this interesting. Toronto says it would OK a deal to send Chris Bosh to Cleveland. Now, who said all that stuff about LeBron leaving again? (ESPN)

Wait, The Huffington Post doesn’t always report the facts? Really? (The Huffington Post)

Exploring the idea of charging people for the use of Google. And, well, The New York Times. (Bloomberg)

How great is this? Prince says the Internet is done. Yep. Done. (The Daily Mirror)

I thought this was funny. (Deadspin)

Netflix is going to stream Relativity movies now. DVDs have five years until they are obsolete. (The Hollywood Reporter)

Ut oh. Alicia Keys fell over the weekend while performing. Fortunately, the baby is OK. Damn, though. Take some time off, girl. You’re pregnant. (New York Daily News)

Ringo Starr turns 70 tomorrow. He’s the luckiest man in the history of music. No, but really. He is. (New York Times)

5 comments:

  1. Dallas Braden... he's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't imagine that there are many Academy Award winning movies 20 years down the line that I can watch and concur with the accolades.

    The book is REALLY good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But, have you read the book? It's pretty genius. I've always thought that this movie was pretty darn good. Is there another film that year that you feel should have won? Maybe it the best that year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ringo Starr. 70. How'd that happen????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness. First, I have not read the book, and after typing all of the above, it has been brought to my attention that my first step should be the book. So that is definitely noted as a must-read for me now. And Ringo Starr 70! I know! Goodness gracious that's incredible. He doesn't look a day over 62.

    ReplyDelete