Tuesday, September 7, 2010

When is the last time a pick up line worked?

There was a story on Yahoo’s main page yesterday that was entertaining if nothing else. It was all about conversation starters for singles, with valuable tips such as “be casual and friendly,” (duh) “accidentally eavesdrop” (creepy) and “show your sense of humor” (as long as it’s not too sadistic, I imagine).

Let’s be honest, when they say “conversation starters” they really mean pick up lines.

Pick up lines are always funny to me for some reason, although I must admit I don’t remember ever using one. I always got the impression that the people who used them spent more time perfecting their pitch than focusing on their extreme character flaws… but I digress.

Here’s a few of the classics off the top of my head – those tried and true pick up lines that have stood the test of time… and most likely never got anyone a real phone number in the process. I hope you get a few chuckles out of these:

- Did it hurt? You know, when you fell from heaven?
- What's the problem with the alphabet? You and I aren't together.
- Are you religious? Because you are the answer to my prayers.
- Falling for you would be a very short trip.
- Remember me? Oh, that's right. I've only met you in my dreams.
- Want to play conductor? You be the engineer and I'll go choo choo.
- I'm feeling a little off today. Would you like to turn me on?
- You're like pizza. Even when you're bad, you're good.
- Do your feet hurt? Because you’ve been running through my mind all night.

I’ve clearly been out of the game for a little while and don’t know some of the better ones… but surely you do, and can leave them in the form of comments below, hehe.

Now for the point of this post - I have not needed to think of a good pick up line in quite some time, seeing as how my beautiful wife and I celebrated our two year wedding anniversary yesterday! Oh that’s right, an exclamation point friends.

For those of you who are curious, we were pretty low key. We went on a 10 mile bike ride (no, we’re not hippies, we just like to bike ride), packed a picnic lunch then later we grilled some PERFECT Delmonico steaks. My wife planned the day… she is awesome.

And just so you know, the picture above is NOT us. Thank you Google images.

Don’t forget to leave some love and pick up lines – see ya’ll at 4 p.m. for The Ride Home. Exes and Ohs.

No comments:

Post a Comment