Thursday, August 19, 2010

What's better than a burger? A cheeseburger, duh.

Last night I was straight up craving a cheeseburger. This was one of those Bill and Sookie True Blood cravings; one of those Lindsey Lohan attention cravings. But I wasn't in the mood for my special burger with brown sugar, cajun spice and steak sauce - I wanted something simple that I hadn't had in awhile.

I ended up mixing my ground beef with Montreal Steak Seasoning and topping it with provolone cheese. Four minutes a side on med-high heat. Simple, good. It made me think about how versatile ground beef is... it's freakin' awesome.

My need for something simple didn't stop me from searching Allrecipes.com for some different burger recipes. Had I the appropriate ingredients on hand, I may have been persuaded to try one of the following:

Backyard Burgers
Ingredients:
1 (1 pound) package Bob Evans®
Original Recipe Sausage Roll
1 pound ground beef
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1/3 teaspoon ground pepper
8 hamburger buns
Lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced onion
(suggested toppings)

Buffalo Burger
Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup (Regular or 25% Less Sodium)
1/2 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
4 Pepperidge Farm® Classic Hamburger Buns, split
Lettuce leaves
Red onion slices
Tomato slices

Teriyaki Burger
Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 (10.5 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Beef Broth
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
6 Pepperidge Farm® Classic Sandwich Buns with Sesame Seeds, split

Horseradish Burgers
Ingredients:
2 pounds ground beef
2 tablespoons steak sauce
3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
8 hamburger buns, split

These are all now on my food to-do list. If the spirit compels you and you give one of these a try, don't leave me hanging. Got a better one - I'm all eyes (it's the internet, get it, get it!)

See ya at 4, friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment