Tuesday, August 17, 2010

...For The Ride Home: Trouble for "Wait, Wait," the trailer for Joaquin Phoenix's movie hits the Web and a great photographer dies



I woke up this morning with this song rummaging through my head over and over. Full disclosure: I love Train. Like, really love Train. Like, love Train more than some dude should. The night I got home from vacation, I bought a bottle of wine and watched their concert DVD. No kidding, even. I'm really hoping they come around my part of the woods in a not-opening-for-John-Mayer-slot. And that's only because I want to see them play a longer set than a mere opening 30 minutes. Wow, I can't believe I admitted to all of that. This song? Eh. The whole "I'm not in it to win it..." line is cheese at its best, and the track as a whole feels a bit too contrived even for me, someone who just spent the better half of a paragraph explaining my love for the band. Anyways, I'll move away from that now. Welcome to Tuesday, friends. Did you cast your vote for a man's hairstyle yet? You really ought to, you know. So far, we are at clean shaven and short hair - 2, and no shave with longer hair - 0. As the world is grips itself to see who wins this competition, we'd like to offer up a few links for you, the wonderfully talented and pretty reader to look over. Why? Because we love you. That's why, silly.

Jason Whitlock leaves the Kansas City Star. The real news here is the fact that the rumor of a show on HBO is being floated. (The Big Lead)

“Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me” is probably my favorite NPR show, and any time they take a stance on something, I must stand firmly behind them. And this is all over the phrase, “For God’s sake,” too. (Star-Telegram)

Arkansas radio reporter wears Florida Gators hat to news conference. Arkansas radio reporter gets fired. (USA Today)

Herman Leonard, the man who took some of those iconic photos of pretty much every jazz great ever, died. He was 87. (Pollstar)

And now Method Man and Tila Tequila can forever be linked together. (TMZ)

So, this Joaquin Phoenix movie is supposed to justify all of that erratic behavior his has showcased in the last few years, right? (New York Magazine)

A closer look at the girl who producers chose for the lead in “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.” (New York Times)

This is kind of funny. After Sunday, she’s slowly creeping her way into my conscious. (Twitter)

No comments:

Post a Comment