Wednesday, October 13, 2010

...For The Ride Home: Gavin Rossdale comes out of the closet (kind of), Mel Kiper may be in trouble and a correction from yesterday

I spent Tuesday night with this. It's good. I won't give anything away, but if you dig these kinds of films, it's worth a shot. The whole thing felt like Michael Clayton-lite. If you happen to think movies such as that, or, say, "Breach" are a bit too tough to follow, the movie to the left does a good job to go out of its way to make sure you understand exactly what is going on at all times. And that can be good. It's certainly the best role I've seen Mr. Trainspotting in. Ever. He even looks like Jason Bateman at times, which, of course I love. Moving right along, it's Wednesday, and it's the middle of the week. I'm tried. Really tired, actually, so I'm going to cut this a bit short (that, and, well, I have a big, big soccer game tonight of which I have to be prepared for). So alas, here's to hoping you have a wonderful Wednesday after you check out a few of the links below. Be nice to others.

Late on this, but still: A woman reporter mistypes something. No editors catch it. And boom goes the dynamite. (TBD)

The better half of this blog, in an e-mail offering this link for today’s Ride: Excuse me while I wipe this egg off my face. (Ad Age)

A list of 15 people you should not be friends with on Facebook. Because I have no idea how that stuff works, I’ll simply just use this time to say you really should go see “The Social Network” tonight. (The Frisky)

Wow. Check this out. No hints. Just check it out. (Cracked)

Now, this is interesting. The agent that came clean to Sports Illustrated may be connected to Mel Kiper Jr. If that’s the case, we’ll finally know why Ryan Leaf was scouted so high. (The Big Lead)

NPR reporters will not be allowed to attend the Jon Stewart, Steve Colbert rallies. But why? (Dan Kennedy)

Gavin Rossdale was gay. No, really. He was. (Lime Life)

The difference between love and romance. (CNN)

No comments:

Post a Comment